2019 Razor wire fence installation guide
Safety and property protection are the main concerns in people’s lives. In order to prevent thieves or other unwelcome visitors from entering specific areas, people have come up with many ways, such as creating many effective fences. Among them, the razor wire fence is very popular. It is a razor-type sharp spiked metal, a modern protective fence, with high intrusion prevention ability and fence quality. The razor wire fence provides the ultimate security for your property. It has absolutely no gaps and sharp barbs can completely prevent anyone from trying to jump over the fence or climb it.
If you are interested in razor wire fencing or want to buy and use it, it is necessary to know how it should be installed. If the installation of razor wire is half-understood, please do not try easily, because it is very likely to hurt yourself, which is very dangerous.
This article will give you some detailed installation guidelines based on our experience. You can contact us whenever you have any problems. We will provide you with the best solution.
| Preparations before installation
- Measure and calculate how long razor wires are needed to cover the entire area you want to protect.
- Measuring the distance between a clamp and adjacent clamps determines the distance between coils.
- Determine the number of rolls used in each stage or section of fencing, this depends on the type of razor wire is elected, as each roll can reach from 8 to 15 feet away, is an item must consider very important.
- Check the razor wire itself to make sure it is free of serious rust. Check that razor tape and barb are not seriously distorted or deformed.
- When choosing razor wire for your application, you should pay attention to the following points: Material, Blade type, Blade thickness, Diameter of the core wire, Number of loops per coil.
- Prepare tools and accessories for installation.
| Tools and accessories needed
- Razor Wire Gloves
Gloves for hand and wrist protection, which are cut, puncture and abrasion resistant. They are specifically designed for handling barbed tape products. Sleeves for lower and upper arm protection are also required for further protection.
- Wire Ties
Twistable ties are used to secure the barbed tape at the tie point in anchoring installations.
- Wire Tie Twist Tool
Used to twist wire ties in fence anchored installations.
- Hog Rings
Hog rings for connecting the razor wire to the fence in the fence anchored installations.
- Hog Ring Pliers
Used to compress hog rings in fence anchored installations.
- Ground Hooks
Durable ground hooks for securing concertina coils firmly into the ground.
- Warning Signs
To alert unsuspecting persons to the potential danger. We recommend that the warning sign be fixed at 10 m intervals along the running length of the fence.
| Several installation ways of razor wire
In the last article, we mentioned that there are several different ways of using razor wire. Today we will explain these three common ways of using razor wire. They are installed on the existing fence, on the wall, and on the ground. As for the installation of welding razor wire mesh fence, we will explain them in detail in another article. It is special.
Installed on the existing fence:
- Such as welded wire mesh fence, chain link fence, expanded mesh fence, etc.
- Put a roll of razor wire at the top of the fence and fix its top and bottom at the beginning of the fence post.
- Stretch the razor wire roll to the other end of the fence post and fix the top and bottom on the fence post again.
- With razor wire rolls distributed along the fence. To be totally still and no movement is occurring, we hold the concertina fence around each 3 spiral.
Installed on the wall:
- Firstly, support should be installed on the wall, and support should be installed at intervals (depending on the actual situation).
- Connect at least two rows of wire to each support so that the razor wire can be fixed more firmly. You can also use barbed wire.
- The razor wire is extended and fixed on the support, while the razor wire coil is fixed on the wire or barbed wire with tie wire.
Installed on the ground:
- This type of installation is often used in the military field because it is relatively simple to install and can quickly deploy an effective defensive barrier.
- Firstly, a fence post is installed at intervals on the ground, and then the razor wire is extended and fixed on each fence post.
The razor wire fence has flexible installation methods in different environments, these installation methods are very common. Our greatest advice to you is to be very careful during installation, especially when stretching the razor wire coil, be sure to hold the coil firmly, otherwise, it may bounce back and hurt you carelessly. It’s best to install it with two or more people. It’s not recommended to install it alone. Installation is completed to check whether there is complete fastening, any loosening is not allowed. And finally, don’t forget to install warning signs.
Finally, any questions about the installation of razor wire fence can contact us or leave a comment below, looking forward to working with you!